• Possession of 20 grams or less is a first-degree misdemeanor with a maximum of one. year in jail.
• Possession of 21 grams to 25 pounds is a third-degree felony with a maximum of five
years in prison.
• Possession of more than 25 pounds constitutes “trafficking” and carries minimum
mandatory sentencing of 3 years and a $25,000 fine up to 15 years minimum with a. $200,000 fine, depending on the amount.
• Possession of any amount of cannabis concentrate (dabs, vape, oil, resin, wax, hash, budder, crumble) is a third-degree felony with a maximum of five years in prison.
Possession of any other controlled substance is a third-degree felony (depending on amount, the penalty may be enhanced).
Sale, Manufacture, Deliver, or Possession with Intent to Sell any of the following drugs is a third-degree felony with a maximum of five years in prison:
• Anabolic Steroids
• Alprazolam (Xanax)
• Clonazepam (Klonopin)
• Diazepam (Valium)
• Lorazepam (Ativan)
Sale, Manufacture, Deliver, or Possession with Intent to Sell any of the following drugs is a second-degree felony with a maximum of fifteen years in prison:
• MDMA (Ecstasy, “Molly”)
• Flunitrazepam (Rohypnol, “Roofies”)
• Raw Opium
• Codeine (“Lean”)
• Hydrocodone (Lortab)
Other factors to consider are the circumstances surrounding the offense. Those factors include whether there were packaging materials on scene, whether there were different kinds of drugs present, the amount (personal use versus large quantities), whether there were scales or other devices associated with the distribution or manufacture of drugs, whether there was a large amount of cash on scene, whether the offense occurred in a “high-traffic” neighborhood, and whether firearms were present. Any of these additional factors may result in enhanced charges and penalties. No matter the circumstances, you need an experienced, knowledgeable law firm to fight for you. Call Murphy’s Law Offices today for a free consultation.
Click here to contact
DUI Attorney John C. Murphy (321) 985-0025
Contact DUI Defense Attorney John C. Murphy for the DUI defense representation you deserve. The initial consultation is free and I am always available to advise you on the proper course of action to take.